A little over a year later and I’ve finally got round to writing again. A lot can happen in 15 months. To summarise, I’ve travelled to 4 different countries, been to two weddings( was honoured to be a bridesmaid at one), got a year older, started running in the mornings before work (which I’ve enjoyed much more than I expected) and have cooked not as much as I hoped in the past couple of months. Work’s taken over a little, as it always does.
Sadly I don’t have a recipe to post up, however, I do have a list of favourites which I hope will ease me back into things and hopefully food will start to follow. In good time. I’m off to Melbourne in less than two weeks and no doubt the trip will inspire me and introduce me to lots of new experiences. I already have my eye on one particular coffee house which serves vegetarian food and can’t wait to sample it. I also can’t wait to be a tourist and explore a new city. Not just any city. Melbourne has recently been voted the friendliest city in the world alongside Auckland.
So this list begins with things I plan to do in Melbourne and then has a few other bits worth tagging on the end.
- Monk Bodhi Dharma, in Balaclava Victoria. Their Avignon Apple Pancakes and San Benito Burrito sound awesome. I’ll be ordering both.
- Lentil As Anything, a not for profit vegetarian restaurant
- Philip Island Nature Parks. I will be photographing a lot of penguins. And maybe a few koalas
- Victoria Street is apparently packed with amazing Vietnamese restaurants. I’ll see how many I can manage to eat at in one day.
- Northcote Social Club for live music in Northcote.
- Sun Theatre Yarraville
- Melbourne Cricket Ground
- Getting a tram from Brunswick to St Kilda. Approximately 1 hour
- Sylvan Esso‘s beautiful music video for their single ‘Coffee’
- The Table Cafe‘s all day breakfast menu includes Pancakes with Crispy Bacon, Caramelised Banana and Maple Syrup (pictured above). It’s one of the best dinners I’ve had in a long time. And people say “pancakes are only for breakfast”. Think again.